Who am I?

My photo
Hi, I'm Cameron (aka Iffy), a stay at home mother to 4 beautiful children. My family is my life! I am not crafty by nature....but I am learning =D I will share my experiences with you(good & bad) with crafts, DIY, cooking, and life. I say what's on my mind, and remain honest, it's just who I am. Love it or leave it =D So follow me and see my progress as I document my journey, and If All Else Fails....at least you have gained a friend and gotten some great tips or maybe learned something new along the way!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yummy Baked Italian Eggplant

Pin It
 
I made these last week and twice since then, yes they are quite tasty. I pinned it on my healthy recipes board HERE but it is so simple, I just winged it from memory.
 
Here is what I did(and you can change it up to give it flavor variety).
1- slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices
   (I did not salt mine)
2- wisk 1 egg and a splash of water into a small bowl
3- on a medium plate mix 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese and 1/8 cup Italian seasoning(no salt variety)
  (Optional-1/8 cup panko bread crumbs)
4- dip eggplant, 1 piece at a time, in the egg, then into your Italian mixture. Make sure you flip your piece to make sure both sides are coated. You may have to push down and help the coating a bit.
5-place your eggplant pieces(not touching) onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. One eggplant took up two cookie sheets for me.
6-place in a preheated 425 degree oven on the middle rack. After 15 minutes, very carefully flip the eggplant over and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until browned. Keep a close eye on it the last 5 minutes. Take out and let cool for 5 minutes or eat immediately with caution.
 
You can eat these alone or as a side dish. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy!
Much love
~Iffy~
Print

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, I want to know what you think of my blog posts & love making new friends! I try to reply by email but I may not get to reply to every comment.
Please email me directly if you have a specific question or need to reach me directly. XoXo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...