Who am I?

My photo
Hi, I'm Cameron (aka Iffy), a stay at home mother to 4 beautiful children. My family is my life! I am not crafty by nature....but I am learning =D I will share my experiences with you(good & bad) with crafts, DIY, cooking, and life. I say what's on my mind, and remain honest, it's just who I am. Love it or leave it =D So follow me and see my progress as I document my journey, and If All Else Fails....at least you have gained a friend and gotten some great tips or maybe learned something new along the way!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!! Cute & Easy Last Minute Card for Dad

Pin It
Happy Father's Day to the awesome father's out there! Especially to my husband, 
my dad, my brother, my "Papa"& my father-in-law. 
Look at this cute & easy card for Dad, Grandpa, or any father you know & love.
 I was inspired by one I saw on Kiboomu
I made some of these for my 20month old, Michaela, & my 2 yr old  nephew to give 
the "fathers in their lives". 
It's great for little ones who can't write yet since it gives such a personal touch.
First trace a hand onto construction paper(or craft paper)
Fold it over and cut out.
Now you have 2 hands.(I did this 3 times so grandfathers get one too)
Cut a long strip of paper and write your message of "I love you this much!!"
Glue the back of the end(right side) to one of your cut out paper hands
then accordion fold it and when you get to the end of the left side, 
glue that to the other hand.
I used white elmer's glue.
Hold them to dry for a minute and then open them to dry the rest of the way. 
I made the mistake of keeping them closed to dry and when  I opened them they were stuck....
I had to tear them some to open all the way. (Learn from my mistake)

Write your message on the front & the inside of your hands however you like.
I like to put the year on my cards, so on these I put it on the back.
So simple, & so cute. Now go make some with your kiddies to give to dad =D

I'm off to make a coconut cake for my husband so he can enjoy it after dinner.

Much love

~Iffy~
Print

2 comments:

  1. So adorable! I'm sure any dad would be so touched and thrilled to receive these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andrea Brand . Charcoal and CrayonsAww thank you! The great thing is that you can use it for Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, a birthday....oh so many options =D
    Welcome friend!
    XX
    ~Iffy~

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments, I want to know what you think of my blog posts & love making new friends! I try to reply by email but I may not get to reply to every comment.
Please email me directly if you have a specific question or need to reach me directly. XoXo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...