Who am I?

My photo
Hi, I'm Cameron (aka Iffy), a stay at home mother to 4 beautiful children. My family is my life! I am not crafty by nature....but I am learning =D I will share my experiences with you(good & bad) with crafts, DIY, cooking, and life. I say what's on my mind, and remain honest, it's just who I am. Love it or leave it =D So follow me and see my progress as I document my journey, and If All Else Fails....at least you have gained a friend and gotten some great tips or maybe learned something new along the way!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slow Cooker Dinner #1 ~ Iffy's Edited Thunderbird Stew

Pin It
Since there was a chill in the air I decided to make a pot of my Slow Cooker Stew.
This is perfect for a chilly evening(I know it's May....& yes it dropped off enough to make a batch) :)
I got the base recipe from allrecipes, but as always I tweak it to my liking)
Here's what I used but it's very easy to customize to your preference:
Meat(I used almost 3lbs Chuck Roast)
Red Potatoes(I used 8, but you can use as many or as few as you want)
Baby Carrots(I used 2-3 handfuls but again edit to your liking)
1 large sweet onion
2 packets of brown gravy mix(I used French's)
3 cups Apple Juice
1 cup Water
Packet of vegetable dip mix(I added it after I took the picture)
I forgot the meat in the picture too, so here's what I used
Then I washed and chopped the potatoes to sizes I like
To the empty crock pot(or slow cooker) I poured 3 cups of apple juice & 1 cup of water,
then with a whisk stirred in the brown gravy packets
Then the vegetable dip packet
then stirred again
Lay the meat into the gravy mix carefully so it doesn't splash
and push down slightly to cover the meat.
Then drop in your potato chunks
and onion
and then your carrots
I added another handful after this picture.

Then cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how much meat you're cooking and such.
 Sometimes I will crank it up to high for a few hours then low the rest of the time to cut down on the cooking time.
You could cook it all on high and cut the time in half if you wanted
but cooking it slow results in a much more tender meat.
This is such a quick, tasty dish that is filling and has plenty of veggies.
I like to serve a bowl of this with some croissants
& a salad.
Yum!



~Iffy~
Print

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, I want to know what you think of my blog posts & love making new friends! I try to reply by email but I may not get to reply to every comment.
Please email me directly if you have a specific question or need to reach me directly. XoXo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...