Who am I?

My photo
Hi, I'm Cameron (aka Iffy), a stay at home mother to 4 beautiful children. My family is my life! I am not crafty by nature....but I am learning =D I will share my experiences with you(good & bad) with crafts, DIY, cooking, and life. I say what's on my mind, and remain honest, it's just who I am. Love it or leave it =D So follow me and see my progress as I document my journey, and If All Else Fails....at least you have gained a friend and gotten some great tips or maybe learned something new along the way!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guest Blogger - Get the Kids Involved and Having Fun With House Cleaning

Pin It
Good afternoon!  Since I have been doing quite a bit of spring cleaning and purging items that are just taking up space, I thought it would be nice to have a post about getting the kids to help out too.
So today I'd like to welcome Jenny Wilson from CleverCleaningTips who is going to share some simple tips to get the kids in on the action and by making it fun at the same time. 


"It’s a dream shared by moms and dads all around the world. We all want our kids to play a part in the house cleaning, not just to alleviate our burden but also to help them develop good habits and a sense of discipline. But with all the whining, face-making, and incessant complaining that often accompanies doing the chores, you often wonder if it’s really worth it. You begin to ask yourself if it would be easier just to do everything yourself. Absolutely not! Cleaning the house should be an activity for the whole family. The trick is to know how to motivate and incentivize them.


For the younger kids, try turning cleaning into a game. It’s an old trick but can be very effective. And making cleaning fun at an early age will help prevent bad attitudes as they get older. Try sticking some dusting cloths on the feet of that four-year-old boy who loves sliding down the hallway. Does your daughter love colors? Have her color code the laundry, and then show her how to make separate piles that you can easily sort on laundry day. For the kitchen, set a timer on the microwave and assign quadrants. Whoever finishes theirs the fastest gets a week off from dinner clean-up. For older kids, prizes tend to be a pretty good incentive. And think outside the money box. Maybe they’re not quite old enough but have been dying to go see a certain R-rated movie. If they pick up their room this week with zero complaining, and with a smile on their face, maybe they can have the privilege of watching that movie. Don’t be afraid to bargain. You’ll have a happier, cleaner household in the process. And don’t be afraid to reward everyone for diligent cleaning with a trip to get some delicious fro-yo at the end of the week. Most of the time, you’d be hard-pressed to find “fun” and “chore” in the same sentence, but with a little creativity and a willingness to bargain, you can find all kinds of ways for motivating the family to pitch in.


About the Author: Jenny Wilson is a full time mom and blogger who loves keeping her home clean and green. Jenny draws on her former home cleaning experience to share expert cleaning advice on her blog, CleverCleaningTips. You can also find her being social over on Google+.
Image credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/oskay/309351533/"


OK, so there ya have it, some easy ways to have your kiddos help pitch in with the chores. Thanks Jenny for guest posting.
 
 So what kinds of chores do you have your children do and what ages?  I'd love to hear about them.
Much love
~Iffy~



Print

3 comments:

  1. It is very important to involve the kids in cleaning. Make it fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in fact its the duty of every home member for cleaning home and take a part in it :) , kids included in it :0 thanks for share Cleaning systems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post. I think you are absolutely right, for sure kids should be involved in home duties as well.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments, I want to know what you think of my blog posts & love making new friends! I try to reply by email but I may not get to reply to every comment.
Please email me directly if you have a specific question or need to reach me directly. XoXo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...